MONTHLY YIN YOGA
at Station Studios 149-155 Ashley Road, Poole, Dorset, BH14 9DL
Last Sunday of the month 10am - 12noon
Book here 07919001252 or use the form below
Limited space due to social distancing. Please pay in advance to guarantee your place.
Yin Yoga offers a slow, calming practice that moves the attention inward into meditative states. As we stay in each pose for minutes rather than a few breaths, you have the chance to observe and welcome everything that comes up.
You may think that Yin yoga is easy, maybe even a little sloppy because of the lack of disciplined alignment in poses but the practice can be challenging both physically and to your mind. The poses are designed to target connective tissues around the joints as well as fascia throughout the body. During the stay in poses your body finds the sweet balance between effort and letting go. The poses provide moderate loading and stress to the deeper tissues strengthening them, improving flexibility and balancing the energy body. Yin Yoga is another tool to help the body regain its natural ability to heal itself.
If you love Sunday mornings and you love Yin Yoga, (even if you don't know it yet), this event totally for you. Find clarity through silence. Rebalance the nervous system, reset your mind and rejuvenate the body. Each month the focus is on a different aspect of this beautiful practice. Book with Mirja using the form above or 07919001252
* Yin yoga can help you become more resilient to stress.
Surrender and acceptance are central themes in Yin yoga, teaching us that we don’t have to control every situation. With practice we learn to let go of creating stress in our lives.
* Yin yoga revitalises the tissues of the body.
Long held poses will help hydrate bodily tissues as you slowly open deeper into the pose, releasing tightness. You will come out feeling that you’ve had a deep tissue massage.
* Yin Yoga restores the body’s range of motion.
As we release, twist and compress tissues in a moderate way in long held poses, adhesion caused by ageing, injury or habitual bad posture can be released.
* Yin yoga practice forces you to slow down.
When you move into stillness of the poses, your to-do lists will fade and leaving space for rest and renewal.
*Yin Yoga gives an opportunity to sit with our emotions.
Emotions are stored in the body. During the practice of creating space and release, these, even the painful ones may come to the surface. Yin teaches us to be patient, gentle, nonreactive and feel safe.
*Yin yoga stillness primes us for meditation.
When we cultivate stillness in the body, perfect conditions are set for the mind to become quiet too. With yin yoga we don't even need to practice meditation, but sometimes meditation finds us. When the mind becomes quiet, we will see our true selves.
- Please bring your own mat and props including a blanket as needed.
- We'll be practicing 2 m apart, hence limited numbers.
- Please do not attend the class if you or any member of your household has shown any symptoms of the virus, high temperature, persistent cough, fatigue, loss of taste and smell within the last 14 days.
- Please do not attend the class if you have visited any highly infected area in the UK or abroad in the last 30 days
- Please also stay away if you have visited any countries on government quarantine list in the last 14 days.
- I’ll bring anti-viral surface wipes and hand hygiene gel for everyone to use as required.